Monday 15 September 2014

Speaking about libAttachSQL at Percona Live London

As many of you know I'm actively developing libAttachSQL and am rapidly heading towards the first beta release.  For those who don't, libAttachSQL is a lightweight C connector for MySQL servers with a non-blocking API.  I am developing it as part of my day job for HP's Advanced Technology Group.  It was in-part born out of my frustration when dealing with MySQL and eventlet in Python back when I was working on various Openstack projects.  But there are many reasons why this is a good thing for C/C++ applications as well.

What you may not know is I will be giving a talk about libAttachSQL, the technology behind it and the decisions we made to get here at Percona Live London.  The event is on the 3rd and 4th of November at the Millennium Gloucester Conference Centre.  I highly recommend attending if you wish to find out more about libAttachSQL or any of the new things going on in the MySQL world.

As for the project itself, I'm currently working on the prepared statement code which I hope to have ready in the next few days.  0.4.0 will certainly be a big release in terms of changes.  There has been feedback from some big companies which is awesome to hear and I have fixed a few problems they have found for 0.4.0.  Hopefully you will be hearing more about that in the future.

For anyone there I'll be in London from the 2nd to the 5th of November and am happy to meet with anyone and chat about the work we are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.